Palliative Care is specialized care for people living with a life-limiting illness. It is an extra layer of support that focuses on the relief of physical, spiritual, and emotional symptoms. Quality of life for the patient and family is the ultimate goal.
Our Palliative Care Program offers consultations for people with a life-limiting illness who want to continue aggressive treatment or therapies and need additional support. Our Palliative Care practitioners work with your primary care provider by providing recommendations for your care. At EverHeart Hospice, palliative consultation visits are completed by a hospice physician or nurse practitioner.
Patients may be seen in a location they call home, such as their own home, assisted living facility, nursing home, or hospital setting. Consultations can include follow-up telephone calls or visits to assess the effectiveness of recommendations. The frequency of Palliative Care follow-up depends on patient needs and goals. Follow-up visits may be ongoing based on the patient’s needs. Management of the patient’s care will reside with the patient’s primary care provider. EverHeart Hospice practitioners do not write prescriptions for Palliative Care.
- Education with patients and families regarding goals for their care.
- Assistance with completing Advanced Directives.
- Guidance and recommendations for pain and symptom management.
- Telephone support and follow-up on new medications and treatments to assess effectiveness or side effects.
- Emotional and psychosocial support to patients.
- Assistance with coordination of care when multiple providers are involved.
- Education to patients and caregivers on disease trajectory along with symptom and pain management.
- Evaluation for appropriateness of hospice and assistance with transition to Hospice Care.
Specialized care for individuals experiencing a life-limiting illness, with a life expectancy of six months or less and who no longer wish to seek curative treatment. Hospice Care focuses on the patient’s comfort and goals, allowing you to spend more quality time with family.
Medicare hospice benefit, Medicaid and private insurance
We provide care where you call home, whether it is your own home, a nursing facility, assisted living facility, hospital setting, or our Hospice Care Center.
Specialized care for individuals experiencing a life-limiting illness who want to continue aggressive treatment or therapies and need additional support. Palliative Care focuses on the relief of physical, spiritual, and emotional symptoms.
Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance
Patients may be seen in a location they call home, such as their own home, a nursing facility, assisted living facility, or hospital setting.